Many years ago, I swore I would never get sucked into the Games Workshop money machines, Warhammer Fantasy Battles and 40K. I had looked at the various editions of the rules as they were coming out...the list of problems were endless: obsolete armies; over-powered units; unclear, convoluted rules; terribly over-priced miniatures; etc, etc.
I've always enjoyed the GW one-off games...Talisman, Battlefleet Gothic, Space Hulk, War of the Ring, Warhammer Ancient Battles and so on. But I always felt that the flagship games (WFB and 40K) were purposely released with poor rules in order to generate further editions, endless revisions and as a result, more company revenue at the expense of the player base.
Warhammer 8th edition. My eyes rolled. Again, I started my research. And then a surprise...it was looking to be a set of really good rules. It was time to take a step off the cliff. Last week, on July 10th, the behemoth landed.
Now, with my birthday landing on the 17th, a week after the rules release, I knew that the opportunity was there to dive into the game. I asked my wonderful and very patient wife for a starting army. But which one would it be?
I looked at all the army options and liked the aesthetic of the Lizardmen. Tough line infantry and strong magic users...sold! My birthday arrived and so did a shwack of Warhammer Lizard goodness as well as a Skull Temple for good measure.
The weather was nice yesterday so I took the battalion box out onto the back patio and started straight into the Saurus Warriors unit.
The lizards are going together fast, so I may post another update this evening.


0 Yorumlar