Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bi-Lo & IGA Run 8-12-12

I made a run to Bi-Lo on Friday to pick up a few sale items. Many of the sale items had a limit of 4 each, which was fine with me. Here is what I picked up:

4 (50 oz.) cans Hanover green beans - $1.48 each
4 (16 oz.) boxes spaghetti - 77¢ each
4 (1 lb.) boxes butter - $1.88 each
1 (5 lb.) bag flour - 99¢
1 (24 family size) box tea bags - $2.35
2 (1 lb.) packages Hillshire Farm Brats with Cheese - 2 for $5.00

The Tetley tea bags were on sale for Buy One Get One Free (B1G1F), so I decided to only buy one of them since Bi-Lo charges half price for one item on a B1G1F sale. Some grocery stores will sell you one for the sale price and then give you the second item free. I like the way Bi-Lo does it because it actually saves me more money. 

My box of tea rang up at $1.18, but I also had a coupon for 50¢ off one box and since Bi-Lo doubles coupons, they took another 50¢ off of that price. Now I'm not a coupon queen by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like it when I get a good deal like this. I only paid 18¢ for that box of tea, which is less than one penny per tea bag! You can't beat a good deal like that. :)

I also made a run to IGA on Friday morning to buy the Butterball Turkey Bacon they had on sale for $1.00 per package. We tried this turkey bacon for the first time this past summer and decided it was something we liked, and so I will definitely be buying this whenever I can find it on sale. I bought 5 packages and plan on using some of this for breakfasts and some for a baked potato bar.


Belinda
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2012.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar