Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Comics Down Under - Back from Oblivion?

I realise that, for dedicated followers of this blog, these last few months have made for disappointing reading - largely because I've been lucky to muster a single posting every month. My excuses for such tardiness are few, but valid nonetheless - the major one being that I now finally enrolled at Monash University to embark on my PhD thesis, which I formally commence at the end of this month.

I've also been gainfully occupied these last few months preparing two academic conference papers, which I'm due to deliver in the coming weeks. The first paper, 'In Search of the Great Australian (Graphic) Novel', will be delivered at the inaugural POPCAANZ (Popular Culture Association of Australia & New Zealand) conference being held in Sydney, NSW, during 30 June - 2 July 2010. The second paper, 'A Design for Depravity: Horror Comics and the Challenge of Censorship in Australia', will be presented on Friday 16 June 2010 at the The Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand (BSANZ) 2010 conference in Melbourne, VIC, during 14-16 July 2010 (Refer to the poster image above for details).

So, while my attention has been focused on these endeavours, I have to admit the Comics Down Under blog has fallen by the wayside somewhat. However, PhD studies notwithstanding, I will endeavour to try and post further nuggets of info about the past, present and future of Australian comics, time constraints and inspiration permitting!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar