Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bring Back Normal

First, let me just say I am a terrible blogger friend. I am popping in and reading all my favorite blogs but I am not always commenting or replying to my own commenters. I am chalking it up to having Jeff home, Tucker here, and mostly my mindset. I am trying to keep the sanity and like most of you there are good days and bad and the good means a lot more tuning out which isn't exactly the best thing either.

So let's move onto other things.


I probably wouldn't have posted until I had a finish on my bunny stitch, but with the quarantine I am not going to finish it fully for awhile.

You see it needs a little something else in the corner, but....




after many attempts to put a bow there that just didn't go, I tried a yo yo, covered buttons, buttons from my stash, etc. Nothing seemed quite right, but what I think will look good and Hubby agrees is a sunflower button. The little bunny has a sunflower on her headband. I think less is best in this case. Sorry for the dark photo, but it was getting late when I took the picture. It will have to wait awhile because I am not about to go anywhere right now.

Here is a close up of the cording which I tried again to mix colors. I had done this once before when I made the Auburn Santa. I saw it on Flosstube the other day. I might have tried to many colors to mix, but it looks ok. I just didn't think I could choose red or blue.


My week is definitely off having Jeff home. I won't go into detail about his time here, but basically he is choosing to work from home to make sure I am not exposed to the many people who vacationed for spring break. Spring break then turned into this stay at home and schools going online. He is very busy doing conference calls and all of it makes me a bit nervous.

When he is not on the phone ---he is constantly moving. He can't sit still for 2 seconds. I have no idea how he will ever be retired.



Above is the only picture I had of leaves on the ground, but it is live oak leaf drop season. Every March they drop their leaves and the ground, drive, roads are covered!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean full cover in the circle and the road coming into our house. Today seemed to be the day that everyone decided they might be getting close to being all down and all came out to mow, blow, and bag.

And like a rite of passage, April will bring the little wormy things that fall off them before the new leaves appear. You can bet your bottom dollar that it will happen in April and that rain will come before you can get all of those up and make a big mess.

Other than that, they are the most gorgeous of trees.

Jeff has been working, then he does yard work and in between all of that he has been working on redoing some of the kitchen cabinets. He started this project a year ago. He would restain a door or drawer every now and then. Now, he is down to one set to do. I am glad for that, so I guess if this goes on much longer, I will get a lot of honey dos done.



I mentioned a while back that I changed planners this year. It is one of the few things I still splurge on post retirement. I went with a new one for several reasons, some of which was I wanted something smaller, but still big enough for what I was used to doing with it, they were designed by a local girl (well, Pensacola), and they were just so pretty.

Here is a picture of it followed by this week vs a week back in February when I just wanted a day where I didn't have to go somewhere. Seems I go my wish...


THIS week...

This is called staying home and can't concentrate on anything!
 vs...real life...
This is normal.

A monthly view for those who like planners.


Well folks, I am ready for normal. 
Kristan, my niece is beginning to sweat over home schooling. She texted the other night that she wasn't cut out for it and I had to chuckle because she is right, however, she will get it done. BUT, what about all those that won't get it done. The teacher in me takes on too many worries.

There are too many worries with this. I am trying so hard not to think of all of them. I really thought I had given up being such a worrier. I realize I have not. 

I know God has this, but turning my mind off has proven to be a bit harder than I like.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar