Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

READING IS A SIMPLE PLEASURE

Yesterday as I strolled out of the library, my book bag tossed lightly over my shoulder, my hair blowing in the breeze..................SCREEEEECH!!!

Okay, let's start over. Yesterday as I struggled out of the library, barely able to lift my overflowing bag, my hair plastered in a sweat I wondered if there was an actual limit on the number of books they allowed you to check out at one time. 

I am always waiting for an alarm to go off and a voice to come over the intercom saying "step away from the checkout computer". 

stack of books


I love to read and I love the library. I always imagine that in a past life I was part of the aristocracy and had my own library with an unlimited amount of books. 

In reality, I was probably the illiterate maid who was forced to dust those endless volumes. That might explain my insatiable need to read in this lifetime. 

open book


The thing about reading is that it is such a simple pleasure. 

When I am feeling overwhelmed I pick up a book and immerse myself in its story. If I need a recipe there are always lots of cookbooks for me to peruse. Need to look up the meaning of a word or help in finding a word? I check my handy dictionary. 

Yes, I can Google these things and I often do, but there is something much more satisfying about holding a book in my hands.

tea and reading


I love the smell and feel of books. When I go to auctions I always love to look through the boxes of old books. I have found so many treasures that way.

We each have things that calm us, that help us find a more simple and serene life. I love to take a walk, sit by the water, breathe in the sounds and smells of a beautiful day, and I love to read.


reading by the lake


These are some of my simple pleasures. What are yours?


Find more inspiration

Until we meet again join me on PinterestInstagram, and Etsy.









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar