Good Wednesday, Everyone ...
This morning at 4:30 am the heavens caved in. I mean the thunder nearly knocked me out of bed. Lightning flashed, turning the night into day for several but brief moments. Who could sleep? This June had to be one of the WORST in Chicago history. At least it has for the last NINE years I've lived here. Once one of the most beautiful months, June has now been under Dementor attack for the past four weeks. With every room lit, I wrote this post.
This reminds me of our favorite beginning ... It was a dark and stormy night ... lol. I just need to tweak it a bit.... It was a dark and stormy morning ...
For days I have worked on my newest query for my second novel. After yet another contest, I had received some vital feedback and had changed my query... FINALLY it was ready. This particular agent asked for the first three chapters as well. As I ATTEMPTED to highlight the first 10,000 words of my ms, my frustration levels skyrocketed. My beloved Macbook has issues with this simple task. About three years ago it was a slight problem, but now it's a torture devise. My tack board is going. I need to have it replaced, but since I could never live without my best friend, it remains a problem. What is one to do? I wish I could buy another and use that while this one gets fixed. HA. I wish! Anyway, this is not the question I am posting about.
After an hour or so I had finally highlighted the section. I closed the ms and didn't save it because I had added nothing. To my HORROR, I had closed my query instead! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! And it wasn't saved. TWO weeks I had worked on it. And of course, the last day is when I had done the most changes. I FREAKED! Who wouldn't? This hasn't happened to me in YEARS. I am usually so careful.
Cursing, I had closed out everything and gently slammed my best friend shut. Hours later, I did some blogging, but REFUSED to work on another blasted query. It was an omen. Time to work on something else. Three years I had put into this novel. I had a few requests for fulls, but nothing came of them. I needed a mind-blowing query to attract at least TEN agents. That's what I want... kicking feet in a small tantrum. Its dark and the Dementors are EVERYWHERE. LOL.
SO, yesterday I pulled up my invisible sleeves and tapped away. Would this query be the one? I had decided to create something completely different. I had been told by a few that my queries read more like mini synopsis'. A thought came to mind. My intros! Create a query in the form of an intro. "How many blogger buddies praised your talents with these?" I had asked myself. So I did, concentrating on the one unique feature of this story. The relationship between the two boys... not focusing on the mc's trauma of physical and mental abuse inflicted by his dad.
Will it be successful? Who knows? Today, after posting this, I will once again attempt to highlight the first ten thousand words and send this out to the agent. The funny thing is, I feel good about this new query. As you all know I try very hard to keep positive and turn negative situations around. Losing my previous query, may in fact, have been a blessing in disguise.
Have you ever lost any pages and created something even better? I'd love to know. Food for thought on this very gloomy Wednesday.
It is now 7am and it's still dark outside. Will these damn Dementors ever leave Chicago?
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALL!
This morning at 4:30 am the heavens caved in. I mean the thunder nearly knocked me out of bed. Lightning flashed, turning the night into day for several but brief moments. Who could sleep? This June had to be one of the WORST in Chicago history. At least it has for the last NINE years I've lived here. Once one of the most beautiful months, June has now been under Dementor attack for the past four weeks. With every room lit, I wrote this post.
This reminds me of our favorite beginning ... It was a dark and stormy night ... lol. I just need to tweak it a bit.... It was a dark and stormy morning ...
For days I have worked on my newest query for my second novel. After yet another contest, I had received some vital feedback and had changed my query... FINALLY it was ready. This particular agent asked for the first three chapters as well. As I ATTEMPTED to highlight the first 10,000 words of my ms, my frustration levels skyrocketed. My beloved Macbook has issues with this simple task. About three years ago it was a slight problem, but now it's a torture devise. My tack board is going. I need to have it replaced, but since I could never live without my best friend, it remains a problem. What is one to do? I wish I could buy another and use that while this one gets fixed. HA. I wish! Anyway, this is not the question I am posting about.
After an hour or so I had finally highlighted the section. I closed the ms and didn't save it because I had added nothing. To my HORROR, I had closed my query instead! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! And it wasn't saved. TWO weeks I had worked on it. And of course, the last day is when I had done the most changes. I FREAKED! Who wouldn't? This hasn't happened to me in YEARS. I am usually so careful.
Cursing, I had closed out everything and gently slammed my best friend shut. Hours later, I did some blogging, but REFUSED to work on another blasted query. It was an omen. Time to work on something else. Three years I had put into this novel. I had a few requests for fulls, but nothing came of them. I needed a mind-blowing query to attract at least TEN agents. That's what I want... kicking feet in a small tantrum. Its dark and the Dementors are EVERYWHERE. LOL.
SO, yesterday I pulled up my invisible sleeves and tapped away. Would this query be the one? I had decided to create something completely different. I had been told by a few that my queries read more like mini synopsis'. A thought came to mind. My intros! Create a query in the form of an intro. "How many blogger buddies praised your talents with these?" I had asked myself. So I did, concentrating on the one unique feature of this story. The relationship between the two boys... not focusing on the mc's trauma of physical and mental abuse inflicted by his dad.
Will it be successful? Who knows? Today, after posting this, I will once again attempt to highlight the first ten thousand words and send this out to the agent. The funny thing is, I feel good about this new query. As you all know I try very hard to keep positive and turn negative situations around. Losing my previous query, may in fact, have been a blessing in disguise.
Have you ever lost any pages and created something even better? I'd love to know. Food for thought on this very gloomy Wednesday.
It is now 7am and it's still dark outside. Will these damn Dementors ever leave Chicago?
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ALL!

0 Yorumlar